how have you been? tough week for me, but I’m rallying thanks to some awesome family & friends
Ya wants a recipe? cool beans… I have one for you
A few weeks ago I posted THIS quiche recipe. And truly, it’s awesome. It’s decadent. It’s worthy of my Easter table.
Let’s face it .. ANYTHING with pie crust is worthy. Yes? yes.
Which is why the recipe that I have to share with you tonight ( although still worthy of my Easter table) is just a little bit easier to fit into a week night dinner line-up… there is no crust Really? Really.
this recipe is thanks to my mother-in- law. She shared this with me when we were first married, and 10,000 years later, I still make it.
MANY years ago( like 165) when Scott and I were first married we had almost no money. He was in school still and I was a hairdresser and I picked up a shift or two waitressing when I could. Our grocery money was whatever I had earned in tips that week.. good or bad.. It’s what we lived with. Most weeks our budget ( for the 3 of us) was in the $30 range.
Ramen was good…. Boxed Mac & cheese was good. store brand spaghetti and jarred sauce were our friends.
I remember once, we bought a huge jug of peach wine. That just lasted us almost a year… ( who WERE we?) oh yeah… young and poor
Funny thing is, the jug of wine came in a box and I still havet that box… Scott’s Dungeons and Dragons stuff is still in there.
You think I’m kidding?
I could make this up if I tried.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounce cheese ( whatever cheese you have )
- pinch each of oregano and basil
- pinch of garlic salt
- pepperoni slices ( or any substitute, broccoli, tomatoes, ham, spinach, bacon.. etc)
- kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Using cooking spray or olive oil, grease the bottom of a pie plate.
- Layer all of your toppings and cheese directly in the pie plate.
- Mix together eggs, flour, milk & spices. whisk together ( or add all to a ball jar, put the top on and shake your groove thing)
- Pour mixture over toppings .
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 30-40 minutes ( depending on your oven) until the center is set.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving
I did not use pepperoni in this quiche… I used broccoli & red pepper… and garlic gold in place of garlic salt
a sprinkle of salt and pepper
pour mixture, then top with a bit of extra cheese
cheese is good. I called it.
I. KNOW! RIGHT??? yum!!!!
so there ya have it folks…. inexpensive, quick and easy….
as the kids got older, I found myself throughout the week chopping up extra veggies each night ans saving them so that whatever night I made the quiche, I would pull out all of the veggies & they could ‘ make their own’ pie.
one last note.. since I brought up the D& D stuff I have to share that he actually took me on a date once to play D&D.
who was I??
much love, friends…
oh one last thing.. if you follow me on Fb then you already know that Celia is the winner of the dryer balls. I’m loving rafflecopter. IT keeps track of all entries and is completely auto mated when it picks a winner…. That will make it easier for me to give ya’ll more stuff